BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Tacos
These simple yet delicious tacos are super easy to make and perfect for a mid week night meal!
Servings 4 People
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 350 g Just Veggies Young Jackfruit in BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 4 white corn tortillas gluten free
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup shredded red cabbage
- ⅓ cup corn kernels, canned or fresh from the cob
- 1½ tomato diced
- ¼ cup dairy-free sour cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook for an additional 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Using two forks, shred the jackfruit slightly to give it the 'pulled' texture.
- Add the shredded Jackfruit to the pan with the onions and stir well. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until the Jackfruit is browned and slightly crisped around the edges. Fold in the orange zest.
- Warm the tortillas and add a large spoonful of cooked jackfruit mixture to the centre of each. Top with avocado, radishes, cilantro, cabbage, diced tomators, corn, dairy-free sour cream and lime juice.
Tip 1: You can easily make dairy free sour cream by mixing coconut cream with a bit of lemon juice.