Sriracha Young Jackfruit Dumplings
Make your own vegan dumplings at home using this tasty combination of young Jackfruit, beans, cabbage and carrots.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Servings 60 dumplings
- ½ medium Finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g Green beans
- 40 g Green cabbage
- 80 g Carrot
- 350 g Just Veggies Young Jackfruit in Sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp Soy sauce
- 60 pieces Gow gee wrappers
- ½ cup Water
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, green cabbage and carrot to the pan with the onions and stir well. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the Jackfruit to the pan with vegetables and stir well. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and cook until the liquid evaporates and then turn off heat.
- Hold a gow gee wrapper flat on the palm of your hand and place a teaspoon of filling in the centre.
- Moisten the edges with a little water and fold in half to form a half-moon shape. Using the thumb and forefinger make small pleats along edge to seal. Sit dumpling onto tray, pressing lightly to flatten base. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Place dumplings into pan in a single layer. Fry for 2-3 minutes, until bottoms are just golden. Add the water and cover with a lid. Steam for 5-6 minutes, until liquid evaporates.
- Uncover and add the remaining oil, swirling the pan so the oil covers the base and coats the bottoms of the dumplings. Cook uncovered, for a further minute or two until the bases are golden and crisp. Serve with soy sauce and chilli.
Tip 1: Gow gee wrappers are also sometimes called pastry gow gee or wonton wrappers . You can find them in the frozen section at Woolworths or at Asian supermarkets. Tip 2: You can make dumpling wrappers from scratch using all purpose flour and just water as well.