Sriracha Young Jackfruit Dumplings
Make your own vegan dumplings at home using this tasty combination of young Jackfruit, beans, cabbage and carrots.
Servings 60 dumplings
- ½ medium Finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g Green beans
- 40 g Green cabbage
- 80 g Carrot
- 350 g Just Veggies Young Jackfruit in Sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp Soy sauce
- 60 pieces Gow gee wrappers
- ½ cup Water
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, green cabbage and carrot to the pan with the onions and stir well. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the Jackfruit to the pan with vegetables and stir well. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and cook until the liquid evaporates and then turn off heat.
- Hold a gow gee wrapper flat on the palm of your hand and place a teaspoon of filling in the centre.
- Moisten the edges with a little water and fold in half to form a half-moon shape. Using the thumb and forefinger make small pleats along edge to seal. Sit dumpling onto tray, pressing lightly to flatten base. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Place dumplings into pan in a single layer. Fry for 2-3 minutes, until bottoms are just golden. Add the water and cover with a lid. Steam for 5-6 minutes, until liquid evaporates.
- Uncover and add the remaining oil, swirling the pan so the oil covers the base and coats the bottoms of the dumplings. Cook uncovered, for a further minute or two until the bases are golden and crisp. Serve with soy sauce and chilli.
Tip 1: Gow gee wrappers are also sometimes called pastry gow gee or wonton wrappers . You can find them in the frozen section at Woolworths or at Asian supermarkets. Tip 2: You can make dumpling wrappers from scratch using all purpose flour and just water as well.