Young Jackfruit Risotto
Making a beautiful risotto using our preseasoned young Jackfruit is super easy! Follow few simple steps and you'll have this family meal cooked in just 30 minutes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 800 ml Vegetable Stock
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 100 g Green beans
- 350 g Just Veggies Young Jackfruit in BBQ sauce
- 40 g Frozen peas
- 60 g Grated vegan cheese
- 60 g Vegan spread
- ¼ bunch Parsley
- Place the vegetable stock into a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then remove the pan from heat and cover with a lid to keep hot.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large pan at medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until the onion is translucent.
- Stir the rice to mix it in with the onions and garlic. Let the rice toast in the pan for about 1 to 2 minutes so it absorbs the flavor from garlic and onions.
- Pour a cup or two of the earlier prepared vegetable stock to the rice. Stir the rice until it absorbs the liquid stock. Keep adding the remaining stock to the rice while stirring.
- Cook the risotto for about 15-20 minutes while tasting the rice between additions of liquid stock to see if it's done. When it's done, the rice will be soft but with a slight bite.
- Add the other 2 tbsp of olive oil to a different pan and first cook the beans for 2 minutes. Add the Jackfruit followed by peas and cook while stirring for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the Jackfruit mixture, vegan spread and vegan cheese to the risotto and stir well. Stir through the chopped parsley finally and serve immediately.
Tip 1: You could also add mushrooms to this recipe to give it another twist!