Spicy Fried Jackfruit Balls
Fish are friends not food! So here's the recipe to make "Fish-less" Spicy Fried 'Fisshh' Balls using Young Jackfruit! 🙂
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 40 servings
- 600 g Potato (2 large Potatoes)
- 350 g Just Veggies Young Jackfruit in Sriracha sauce
- ½ Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- 400 g Bread crumbs
- 100 g Vegan cheese finely grated
- 75 g Plain Flour
- 100 ml Rice bran oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender for about 15 minutes. Drain and use a fork to slowly mash the potatoes into a smooth texture and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the mashed potatoes and mix well for about 1 minute.
- Add the Jackfruit to the saucepan with mashed potatoes and stir well. Add the chilli flakes and cook for another 1 minute. Turn off heat and leave it aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add ½ of the bread crumbs (200 g) to the Jackfruit and Potatoes and mix well.
- Roll the Jackfruit paste into small balls while inserting bits of Vegan cheese inside the balls during the process.
- In a small bowl, mix plain flour, salt, pepper and water slowly until it forms a batter. Dip the balls in the batter one by one and then coat with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat 100 ml of of rice bran oil in a deep frying pan and fry the bread crumb coated balls until golden brown or for about 2-3 minutes.
Tip 1: Adding bread crumbs to the Jackfruit mix help in soaking up any excess liquid in the mix so that its more solid and easy to form into balls.