Sriracha Jackfruit Spring Rolls
Homemade Spring Rolls are awesome! Try making them using Young Jackfruit. It's so quick to make and we know you'll be like OMG! 🙂
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 40 Serves
- 100 g Chinese Vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 100 g Carrot thinly grated
- 4 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 100 g Snow peas thinly sliced
- 100 g Taro thinly grated
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 350 g Just Veggies Young Jackfruit in Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 40 qty Spring Roll Sheets
- 100 ml Rice bran oil for deep frying
- In a medium size pot, boil the noodles for about 4 minutes until they turn transparent and are soft enough to eat. Drain well and rinse through with plenty of cold water to rinse out the excess starch.
- Toss the noodles with a 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil to keep the noodles from sticking together. Cut the noodles to small 3-4 cm long pieces and set aside to cool.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the carrot and cook for about 1 minute. Add garlic, mix well and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the snow peas and taro to the pan and stir well. Cook for about 1 minute, then add soy sauce and mix well.
- Add the noodles prepared earlier into the mix and cook for 2 minutes. Add the Jackfruit into the mix and cook for another 3 minute or until the mixture is dry. Turn off heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Mix cornstarch with two tablespoons of water.
- Lay out the spring roll wrapper, brush cornstarch slurry around the edges to moisten and add about 2 tablespoons of filling in a long rectangle shape, folding in from the sides and rolling the wrappers closed tightly.
- Heat the 100 ml of of rice bran oil in a deep frying pan and fry the spring rolls until golden brown for about 2-3 minutes.
Tip 1: Chinese Vermicelli noodles is known by several names; Cellophane Noodles, Fensi, Glass Noodles or Bean Thread Noodles. It’s a type of transparent noodle made from starch and water.